09:14:36 by admin
Our body is made up of over seventy-five percent of water. That is why, we cannot live without water and we can only survive for three days without water. However, in our modern world, water has been replaced with sugar sweetened refreshments and soft drinks in most diets today.
Water is very important and our own personal need for water depends largely on weight, temperature, and exercise. Studies show that many of us do not get the water we need on a daily basis. We should keep in mind that drinking water regularly will replenish our body and keep it hydrated and functioning as it should be.
Here are some advices from the experts on drinking water:
1. We should not wait until we get thirsty before we drink water because by that time we have already lost more than two glasses of the body’s water supply. This means we should drink water regularly.
2. Don’t substitute your beverages with alcohol and caffeine for water. Alcohol and caffeine act as diuretic. You might feel and think that you’re getting more water through these beverages but the truth is you’re letting it go as fast as you consume it.
3. You need more water everytime you exercise. Your body loses quite a lot of water due to perspiration when you exercise. Hence, you need to drink two cups of water for each pound you lose due to exercise.
4. Your body loses water even when you go to sleep. Drink a glass or more of water before going to sleep so you’d wake up with your body functioning as it should be.
5. When you are sick, especially when you have a cold or the flu, your body dehydrates quickly and so you’ll need more water during these times to avoid dehydration.
6. Always keep a bottle of water with you and drink it throughout the day. Learn to drink water instead of drinking other beverages that don’t actually replenish the nutrients your body needs.